http://www.antiquechild.com While you are browsing her site go to her other pages and view more of her work.
You may still email me with any questions and I will pass your emails on if you wish.
If you are looking for doll repair and restoration, there are several I refer to because I know their work, their honestly and expertise.
Janie at Antique Child http://www.antiquechild.com -- especially excells in bisque, china and porcelain dolls but does all antique dolls with expertise.
Nancy Rings, at http://www.nancysdollrestoration.com/ --Specializes in composition dolls, but also does fine work on your hard plastic and vinyl dolls.
- Do invisible bisque and china repair, including rebuilding shoulder plates and fill in missing pieces.
- Fully restore composition dolls, from just repairing cracks to completely stripping them to bare composition and making them like new.
- Completely restore hard plastic dolls.(See before and after picture of the Toni Doll) Restring dolls. Set sleep and stationery eyes Do iris transplants to restore crazed eyes in old composition dolls.
- How to clean dolls without damaging them.
- Repair leather bodies.
- Mend cloth bodies.
- Add colors to cheeks.
- Minimize crazing with craze control
- Rebuild fingers, toes and other parts including entire feet
- And this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Janie happily furnish you with references. Seminars are limited to 2 students,although usually there is only one student. All seminars are scheduled at the convenience of the students.
There are lot of large, clear photos so you can see the details of the repairs,please wait for them to load and then scroll down to see before and after shots of dolls restored by the seminar instructor, JoAnn Morgan.
This very rare doll, a KPM, was brought to me for restoration.Even though she was badly damaged, she still has considerable value because she is not only rare but this one is quite a large size. Someone had rebuilt the shoulder plate, and filled in broken areas, with a material that resembled bread dough that had hardened. It had then been painted over with paint in strange colors, though I stripped off most of it you can still see some of it in these "before" shots. I had to chip away all this strange material and rebuild the shoulder plate in front and then refill all the cracks and holes front and back.
Below you see photos of an 18" French Fashion doll that was brought to me for repair. As you can see , the front of her face had been broken off and glued back on. I soaked it apart and took photos of it before I put it back together and did an invisible repair.
Seminar Page 3
During the seminar you will actually restore several dolls and doll heads from start to finish.
The Toni doll pictured on page one of our seminar information , and the dolls shown on page two of Seminars, were all restored by JoAnn Morgan the instructor. The dolls on page 3,shown in various stages of repairs, are dolls actually restored in class by a student. There are a number of pictures showing the progress of the work. Pictured are before and after pictures of actual work done by a student during a seminar.
The before pictures show the dolls/heads as they appeared when brought to class. The second photos are of the dolls in the second stage of repair. The last photos show the finished dolls after the restoration is complete.
Please note that the work shown on page three is actual student work.
Stages of a seminar repair:
Margarette, a pre 1920's composition doll brought to the seminar by a student:
|Margarette before||Margarette before close up of head|
|Margaret stage 2||Margaret fully restored|
|China doll's head before repair, shoulder plate missing||China doll's head after shoulder plate rebuilt and finished|
|Stage two of reconstruction|
|Group of dolls at the beginning of seminar||Group of dolls after student reconstruction completed|
Doll Dresses - Doll Clothes
- DOLL and CLOTHES CLEARANCE SALE
- Doll Dresses, Clothes, Misc. Dolls
- Antique Doll Dresses
- Antoinette Dresses
- Baby Doll Dresses
- Ballet Doll Dresses, Doll Tutus
- Tonner 14" Betsy McCall Doll Dresses, shoes
- Bleuette Doll Antique Style Dresses
- Bride Dresses for Dolls
- Christmas / Special Occasion Dresses and Items
- Cissy Doll Dresses, Clothes
- Composition Mama Doll Dresses, Clothes
- Delilah Noir BJD
- Ellowyne Wilde
- Gene, Madra, Alex, Clea Bella Dresses
- Helen Kish Doll Dresses
- Madame Alexander Maggie, Margaret Clothes, Shoes
- Mary Hoyer Doll Dresses
- Patsy Doll Dresses, Patsy Doll Clothes,Shoes
- Robert Tonner American Model 22 inch
- Robert Tonner New Patsy, 10", Mary Englebright, Ann Estelle
- Robert Tonner 18" Kitty Collier Dresses, Clothes, Outfits
- Robert Tonner Tyler, Sydney, Brenda Starr, Dresses
- Robert Tonner New York City Ballet Doll Clothes
- Sweet Sue, Nanette, doll dresses, shoes
- Super Dollfie, BJD Doll Dresses, Clothes
- Toni Doll Dresses, Toni Doll Clothes, Shoes
- Marley, Senson, BJDs, Other
- Tiny Kitty Collier Dresses